Board to meet: The TDGA board will meet at 5:30 p.m. SUnday August 28 at Barrio Brewing, 800 E 16th St. Among other things, we’ll be talking about recent events at Groves, course-development projects, and upcoming tourneys, and pre-election planning. An agenda will be posted later today. Agenda
Don’t forget, Quail Canyon monthly random draw doubles is a WET GLOW EDITION edition this month (Aug. 27) with registration at 6 pm. Baskets will be lit, the sprinklers will be doing their thing so expect to get wet (its well water so no worries),… Cost is just $10 bring small bills.
Registration will be 6:00pm – 6:45pm, Tee off at 7:00 pm
2 EVENTS THIS WEEKEND: Saturday May 14 – Cactus Flower Classic at Quail Canyon Golf Club; Sunday May 15 Dynamic Discs 2-Disc Challenge at Santa Cruz River Park (NOTE SUNDAY ‘A’ HANDICAP LEAGUE is SUSPENDED THAT DAY)
Be a caddy, be a spotter, be a supporter, be a friend!
For details, visit the Cactus Flower FB event page or the DD Challenge event page
ALSO, the TDGA board will meet Monday, May 16th at the El Pueblo Center, 101 W Irvington Rd. An agenda will be posted shortly.
On Saturday April 30, a crew of about a dozen stalwarts installed three new teepads at Groves Park in the latest phase of the restoration project. Thanks to the workers, especially Mike Early who brought materials and supervised and did finishing work with Chris Dawkins, plus hard work all around by course pro Quentin Riddle, Bill Richardson, Brian Wilson, Jeff Garland, Travis Bowen, Ben Bates, Darrell Knight, Brian Kaylor, Chris Dewitt, AJ Herr, Wich, and others.
We are working an a partial redesign of Groves and tentatively looking to pour 6-9 new or replacement pads in the next phase. Look for information and meetings soon on proposed Groves improvements, which will be presented to the general membership for input and to the board for approval.
A new monthly putting league is starting at Quail Canyon Golf Course Tuesday April 26, thanks to co-LDs Scott Carle and Trevor Chilcote. The league will be played on an 18-hole layout around QC’s grassy event area and Wild Bill’s bar will be open. Some particulars below, but for all the info or to ask questions, go to the event FB page.
• $10 ($2 to QC, $1 to TDGA, $1 to PACC, and $6 to payouts)
• First round, 18 holes, two putts per hole
• Second rounds, top half play front nine and bottom half play back nine
• Last Tuesday of each month
• Time: Registration 6-7pm. First putts at 7:15pm
• Made putts earn one point
• Missed putts must be cleaned up, if the comeback putt is missed you lose 1 point
• Points possible range from 2 to -2 on each hole
• Bottom half winner will receive a prize
• Top half players will have a cash payout for 50% of the field
• An 18 hole course will be set up between Wild Bill’s and the parking lot with sixteen portable baskets along with the practice basket and basket 18
The first league at the beautiful Quail Canyon Golf Course will tee off this Saturday, March 26! Some details are below but for more info and discussion, go to the league Facebook Page.
QC Random Draw Doubles
4th Saturday of each month
$10/person ($5 to greens fees, $4 to payout, $1 to TDGA)
For the March 26 league, registration is open from 3:30 to 4:15. If you are not registered or in the registration line at 4:15 you will not be playing. Generally, registration will start 3.5 hours prior to sunset w/ the plan of teeing off 2.5 hrs prior to sunset. This will make the league later in the summer and earlier in the winter. Times will be posted on the TDGA Events Calendar and FB.
- Limited to 54 players
- This is a walking league. No cart rentals.
- No outside alcohol
- No warm up holes. Use the driving net and the putting green for your warm ups.
- Be courteous during your warm ups. Be aware of your surroundings!